Just like the week before, the Malta BOV ePremier League Group B these past few days looked to pick up right where the action left off in Group A. Accordingly, with the dust settled, we're ready to recap this gruelling group - let's dive right in to our Group B recap!
Malta BOV ePremier League Group B Recap - Epic Rivalries
For those unaware, the stakes heading into Group B of the Main Competition were as follows. Specifically, from this group of five BOV ePremier League clubs represented by five of the best FIFA players on the island, only 3 would earn a spot at the Knockout Stage.
In this particular Group, the following clubs and players geared up for action:
- Marsaxlokk FC - Matthias "Tubbi" Farrugia
- Birkirkara FC - Gianluca "Turbulense" Sant
- Valletta FC - Shaun "Vli" Dimech
- Floriana FC - Michael "Mizu" Micallef
- Pieta Hotspurs - Miguel "xMigi77" Grima
Once again, the offline competition was hosted at The Millenium Stand, National Stadium in Ta' Qali, where each team had the chance to compete against each other in a round robin. Here's how the entire schedule concluded:
- Birkirkara FC (5-3) Floriana FC
- Marsaxlokk (10-7) Pieta Hotspurs
- Birkirkara FC (7-6) Valletta FC
- Floriana FC (3-3) Marsaxlokk FC
- Valletta FC (5-4) Pieta Hotspurs
- Floriana FC (3-8) Valletta FC
- Birkirkara FC (2-2) Marsaxlokk FC
- Pieta Hotspurs (5-6) Floriana FC
- Birkirkara FC (4-4) Pieta Hotspurs
- Valletta FC (5-9) Marsaxlokk FC
As a result, Group B finished up as follows:
Malta BOV ePremier League Group B Recap - Tight at the Top
One of the main storylines heading into this group was the iconic rivalry between Valletta FC and Floriana FC. In this particular instance however, Valletta FC did get the better of Floriana, both in the head-to-head and the overall standings.
Moreover, the veterans of "Tubbi" (Marsaxlokk) and "Turbulense" (Birkirkara) reminded the less-experienced competitors as to why they're respected as some of the best on the island. Standing off against one another in a tie-game, both teams would then suffer an additional draw to remain undefeated.
Under all this pressure, the likes of Floriana did their best to put up a fight while Pieta couldn't get much going.